The BorderZones.ca contest is now closed.
Please find the winning reviews here:
Do you attend art exhibitions often or have burning
questions and ideas that need a larger audience? Ever thought you
should be an art critic? We want to hear from you.
BorderZones.ca is seeking reviews of the exhibition Border
Zones: New Art across Cultures at the UBC Museum of Anthropology
(January 23 to September 12, 2010) from budding and experienced
writers who are seeking a challenge. We welcome your thoughtful
and articulate ideas.
WINNERS WILL RECEIVE:
- A one-year membership to MOA
- A private tour of the exhibition with Karen Duffek, the exhibition
curator, for a group of up to ten people.
- A gift certificate to the MOA Shop
- And, of course, your work published on BorderZones.ca
HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO SEND US:
- 500 words maximum.
- Clear, accessible writing that considers the dynamics of online
reading…don’t be afraid to share ideas that are more
personal, but don’t forget about the content.
- We’re not afraid of critique, but your ideas need to be
clear, well developed, and thoughtful. Be bold, but not brutal.
- A catchy title
- A 2 sentence bio-line
- First and last name
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Reviewers must see the exhibition in person…sorry to those
- Incomplete and late entries will be disqualified.